Streamline.Net - 100,000 sites hosted, join the revolution! - The home of good value web hosting

Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Trial 1 - New blog page & Google adsense

I bought an ebook from ebay, it described how I would make thousands from creating my own blog page for free.
If I wrote a blog page and published it, I could attract the crowds. If the crowds visited my page, then they could click on my the google adverts and I get paid - simple! Er, not quite...

There is a lot more to it than simply creating the page. I've been running this for the last few weeks now and I've read literally 20 ebooks to get to my current point.
First step is create a page/blog http://www.blogger.com/ - It's free. It's what I'm using and you may already have a page? If not, create a new account, and follow the easy step by step instructions to build your page. You don't need any skills in web page building or graphical design. All you really need to do is enter text.

The page name is pretty important for web searches, so try to make it something bold and relevant.

Ok, opening a google adsense account is def a good start (www.google.co.uk/adsense). Adsense creates an advert for another company, everytime someone clicks on the link/advert from your page, you get paid. The amount you are paid varies on how well your site is doing (so far I'm not sure how to monitor this, but I'm happy with any amount coming in). You are paid by cheque, it's sent in the post, providing you have earned over $10.

Writing a good blog page isn't as easy as it sounds. This is my third page and my previous two haven't had very good results. Third time lucky I think they say...

Content and subject are very important to create an inviting blog AND the more visitors to your site; the more money you can make via advertising. In my opinion, the page content should be about something you enjoy. It makes the page more personal and has a warming effect - although what do I know, this is new territory to me. It's how I'm basing this page though.

I'm happy with this page's layout and content - so what's the next step? Google adsense.
You will probably see I've added one google adsense advert to my page. I'll keep you posted on how much it's making on a weekly basis.

Google adsense is very easy to install with blogger.com. There is an area on the page layout tab, that allows you to add content. You will see one of the options are to create adsense. With this, you can choose both size & colour of the google add.

So now you have a page with content and google adverts BUT if nobody visits the page, then who is going to click on the adverts? You guessed it - nobody.

I need to make people aware of the page. I'm new to this, but I've been reading on a thing called indexing. It's when sites such as google & yahoo search for changes or updates within web pages on the net.

The key to get visitors onto the page is ranking in google. You can pay an amount for this but I've heard there is a free way of doing it - it's called blog & ping.

I'm spending all my free time on ideas for this page at the moment. Last night I read an ebook on selling ebooks and an ebook on texas holdem... Both blogs will be with you shortly... As will the blog & ping results.

Til next time...

Ewan

No comments: